[MT-ALES] last ALES contest at Columbus for 2017

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Tue Oct 10 19:37:45 PDT 2017

The last ALES for Columbus this year is scheduled for this Saturday, October 14.  Current NWS forecast shows a 30% chance for snow or showers early, while Weather Underground shows a 50% chance at 8:00, rapidly decreasing to 20% by 9:00 with temp climbing to about 40 then.  Temps will hit about 50 by 2:00 with wind forecast to top out about 12 MPH.  This is do able, although probably not what we might order if we had our way!

Currently we are planning to hold the contest, weather and projected attendence permitting.  I will post a final go/no go by 6:00 Friday night, stay tuned!  I’m thinking about a 10:00 pilot’s meeting, to allow the weather to settle down and temps to warm up.  With the late start we may use the Jim Loughren task format, that is 6-8-10-10-8-6.  Standard landings.

HFT folks please advise if you plan to attend.  This may also color our thinking regarding go or no.  More Friday.

Thanks all!

CT