[MT-ALES] September ALES contest, Columbus, MT

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Thu Sep 7 16:17:14 PDT 2017

The Billings area September ALES contest will be held this Saturday, September 9 at Scott Edwards field just west of Columbus.  Hot temperatures and light winds are forecast so it should be a good day for some booming thermal action.  ;- )

In an effort to beat the worst of the heat, pilot’s meeting will be at 9:00 AM.  Round one will follow the meeting.  We will fly standard AMA rules, with our usual field specific landing area restrictions.  Scott has the field in great shape, smooth and with short grass.  Thank you Scott!

I expect a good turnout from the local crowd, and Bob’s son Dick Blumer (who is the host of this email reflector! Thanks Dick!!!) is here and will participate in his first ALES contest!  Please plan to attend and help give Dick a good launch into the world of ALES.  Photo attached of Bob, son Dick and Dick Jones at last Sunday’s smoke fly.  A happy gaggle of glider guiders there.

Folks planning to attend from out of town please advise so we can plan accordingly.  Thanks all!

Carl Thuesen
AMA 38712
Contest Director