[MT-ALES] Flying again!

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Sun Apr 15 15:23:40 PDT 2018

The day has come at last!  Bob, Scotty, Randy Thompson and I made a few flights at Scott's field today. Felt good!!!!

Bob and I each did initial and adjusting flights on our Yellow Jackets. All good. It's speed surprised me, but then again it is a Drela airfoil. She has some legs yet still indicated even very light lift down low and dirty.

I also flew a couple test hops on the repaired original Euphoria. It flew right out of Scotty's hands. Thanks again for the rad green wings and stab Fred!  They should provide another season or two of fun with this ship. She's a bit heavier than her sister due to the repairs, but this allows flying a Euphoria at 7, 8, and with ballast 9 ounce wing loadings. 😉
CTEP

Soaring Euphoria in Montana.  Sent from my iPhone.