[MT-ALES] Euphoria to go!

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Sun Feb 25 11:20:39 PST 2018

At the Nats last summer many of the guys had made cases for their gliders, so I went to school on their materials and designs while walking the pits.

Recently, I decided to try a box capable of holding two 4 meter sized gliders, and designed it so it will just fit into my pickup bed with an inch to spare!  There is a divider under the fuselage tray that holds all the wings and tails.  Also room inside for a plastic tarp or moving blanket ground cloth and sun protection.  I like everything in one chunk, although it is a bit awkward.  Not heavy, just big! Second photo shows the new box with the Supra box, which is constructed from plastic sign board.  I’m happy to share my crude plans if anyone is interested.

Have gliders, will travel!

Carl