[MT-ALES] Self Timing Audio Contests

CURTIS SUTER suterc at msn.com
Mon Jun 4 12:49:28 PDT 2018

George,
  Good to hear from you.

The last contest here the event was slowed  down due to score keeping. They don't use an computer to keep scores, but the CD has to go thru  all of the math from the scoring sheets. As you know this takes time away from the event, and makes it a long day.

Check this out… https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1676292-Tailwind-Gliders-ALES-F5J-Scoring-Spreadsheet/page4#post39682263
I used my iPhone last contest and just walked up and down and asked folks for their scores and typed it in on the iPhone.  The free Excel app worked great!
This is where the Tailwind Gliders scoring spreadsheet is ideal, small to medium contest sizes and works flawlessly.

In the event we had in May we had twelve fliers all with great planes and they were broken down into two groups, A and B groups. The CD broke the fliers to the different groups. Then you flew the round and did well then you were put in the higher group and if you in the A group and did poorly then you were placed in the lower group.
This is called "seeded" man on man.  Tailwind Gliders has a spreadsheet that does that too!  There is mixed feelings on that format but in the end Jonathan still wins!  ;)

Maybe you can pass some of this information on to the club.  I can't see how manually scoring would work when much simpler solutions are available.

Glad to see Greg did win an event ,he was way over due. too good of a flier.
That's a fact!  I was happy too!

Curtis