[MT-ALES] Self Timing Contests?

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Sun Aug 25 05:48:58 PDT 2019

So we're getting small numbers at the contests recently and I think we need to think about self timing via our transmitters.
I would guess that everyone has a transmitter that can do this easily with a little programming.
This way we can fly one Group.
So like yesterday we had to go out there 10 times to fly five Rounds If self timing we could only go out to the line 6 times and have flown more rounds.

I think for the Futaba transmitter I can program the timer to start when the motor starts then make a second switch to stop that after landing.  It may be a second or two off from an actual timer but shouldn't make a difference in the overall results.

What do you folks think?    The negative is that we lose a bit of camaraderie when having a timer/caller and that person being able to point out who is going up or down elsewhere in the sky?

Thoughts?

Curtis