[MT-ALES] F5J WC Senior Fly Offs video

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Fri Aug 30 17:50:20 PDT 2019

And don't forget - F5J flyoff task time is 15 minutes!

That's Arijan Hucaljuk of Croatia, the winner of the big show in
Trnava.  He's a NAN factory sponsored pilot (the manufacturer of the
Explorer). He is considered by many to be the best RC soaring pilot in
the world.  He's won practically everything.  Junior F3B world champion,
Eurocup F3J champion, and now F5J world champion.  He's about the same
age as Jon Garber.

Notice his Explorer (Big Flap) has a horizontal stabilizer with anhedral
?  You can see it pretty well in some of the video. This is something
that Arijan himself came up with (and apparently likes enough to fly it
in the flyoffs).   Pantelis says this is not something that NAN plans to
produce and sell to the general public.

You would think he would break a lot of horiz. stabs with that anhedral,
but, coming from the F3J world, Arijan lands it like an F3J plane
(dork!).  No broken tail.

I haven't actually gotten that far in Jure Pečar's videos.  There's
about 6 hours of video, and I'm still on day 4, watching 30-60 minutes
per night.  MUCH better than watching regular TeeVee.  :)

--
Greg