[MT-ALES] items of possible interest

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Fri Jan 4 19:58:15 PST 2019

F5J USA Tour Newsletter:  This monthly electronic newsletter is available free by subscribing at f5j-usa.com <http://f5j-usa.com/>.  The January 2019 issue has articles, links and updates on the 2019 contest calendar, Team F5J USA, the 2018 season awards, and methods to fly F5J contests with lower cost airplanes.

Books:  I know that several of you like to read books in the winter “off season”.  This year I have read Extreme Ownership, by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.  I’m now reading their follow up book The Dichotomy of Leadership, and listening to their podcast, the Jocko Podcast, while driving and working in the shop.  Jocko and Leif are retired US Navy SEALS and two of the primary leaders of SEAL Team Three, Task Unit Bruiser.  Notably Chris Kyle, of American Sniper fame, was under their command.  They were involved in the Battle of Ramadi in a 2006 deployment.  The books present some of the leadership and motivational challenges they faced in this unfamiliar urban combat setting, and the procedures and tactics they developed in response.  They go on to explain how these same principals can be applied to the civilian and business world with success.  Of course there is a liberal dose of SEAL philosophy included as well!  Very motivational and great food for thought.  Good stuff!

Happy building to all!

Carl