[MT-ALES] F5J Lite Friday

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Tue Jun 25 05:52:26 PDT 2019

This is from Greg on RCGroups, an excellent opportunity to try F5J in a very relaxed atmosphere.
Curtis

We will be having an F5J Lite contest on the Friday prior to the MT Summer ALES 8 Two day contest<https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3155038-Montana-Summer-ALES-VIII>. The F5J contest is Fri., 28 June 2019. The MT Summer ALES 8 contest is Sat. & Sun. 29-30 June, 2019. Pilots meeting for the F5J Lite on Friday is at 9:30, Flying starting shortly thereafter.

This is not an F5J-USA tour event<http://www.f5j-usa.com/>, just a chance to fly F5J in a relaxed atmosphere. $5 entry fee, we may have someone drive back to town for sandwiches for lunch. Water and pop will be provided. Fabulous prizes will be awarded, and lots of them! OK, 'fabulous' may be pushing it a bit.

We will follow F5J-USA rules<http://www.f5j-usa.com/f5j-rules/> (motor restarts allowed, but you get a zero flight score) as closely as possible, with the exception that you can use your ALES timer - pick your own start altitude, which will be recorded as altitude + 10%. (e.g. ALES CAM set for 150m will be recorded as a 165m launch).

There will be no throwout round, and no flyoff rounds. We'll try to get in as many 10 min. rounds as possible, no round will start later than 2PM.

There will be people who can help you however much you need, from setting your ALES CAM to 50m launch, to pointing out that there's a huge dust devil coming straight at you from behind. The main thing is to have FUN and get a chance to try F5J in a relaxed, low pressure situation.

If you've never tried F5J, this will be a great introduction. If you're experienced at F5J, this will be a chance to show other flyers just how easy, fun, and lucrative F5J can be.

Hope to see you there!

--
Greg