[MT-ALES] ALES Contest Report

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Sat Sep 14 17:04:38 PDT 2019

Ten  pilots enjoyed a beautiful day of soaring at Scott Edwards field today.  Many thanks to Steve Owen for making the drive from Puget Sound!  Also, many thanks to Joe (and Jo) and Wayne for coming down from Helena.  With 10 pilots, we ran the contest with 3 flight groups on 4 landing tapes. This format provided a relaxed atmosphere and everyone was able to get a break or two during the day.  The lift was light in relatively stable air.  Steve said he brought it especially  for us from the coast!  Smooth flying was the order of the day.  Scores are attached.