[MT-ALES] ALES5J contest tomorrow @ Columbus

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Fri Jun 12 15:27:20 PDT 2020

Hey everybody!

The contest is on for tomorrow at Scott Edwards field.  Thanks Scott for hosting again!  Pilots meeting at 9:30, with round 1 following immediately.  We will be flying the ALES5J format.

Joe, Wayne, Jon and Hal will be making the drive from Helena.  Yea! And thanks for coming guys.

Weather outlook is for variable winds around 7 - 10 in the morning, with a directional change.  Then increasing to 15+ about 2:00.  Temps should also peak in low 90s about 2:00. Given this info, we may just bunch it about 2:00, if we are not already complete by then.

Medals will be awarded for places 1-3, and a photo will be taken to document the winners!  Thanks to Don Jones and Jumpers for the medals.  They are always fun!

Jumpers and Dickster are having breakfast at the Bearstone Cafe in Columbus (the usual place) at 7:00 am.  All are welcome.

Lets do it!

CT