[MT-ALES] perfect day of flying at the sod farm

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Sat May 2 19:36:04 PDT 2020

So I did get out today for a little low level thermal practice with the U2 standard using the DLG “out and back” scenario to get as many launches as possible in the time I had available.  Temp was 70 and it was almost perfectly still.  Moving air meant a thermal!  My launch altitudes and flight notes are attached.  Had to motor up on the last flight as I was getting uncomfortably close to the irrigation pivot, and about the same altitude.  Yikes!!!  I didn’t bother timing as I was so excited about taking these low launches out!  After today, I think this 70 year old just might be able to do a javelin launch and take it out under the right conditions.  Something to try in the future!

CT