[MT-ALES] Checking In...

Carl A Thuesen cthuesen at icloud.com
Fri Nov 12 08:54:56 PST 2021

Interesting discussion on that thread.  Thanks for posting!

Bob, Doug and I were out last Saturday pm.  Initially the lift was good and sun was out.  Bob got a 21 minute ride while I was setting up.  Then the sun went behind the clouds and the temperature dropped quickly, the wind came up.  I was able to catch two light thermals and work them out on my first flight.  Fun and good practice!  After that the wind started blowing about 12 - 15, with higher gusts.  I burned up the rest of my batteries doing 1 minute tasks to landing.  It was a lot of wind for the U2 STD without ballast, but I wanted to get the practice under these conditions.  Doug was able to get a couple flights on his 2M Art Hobbies ship, but the wind was problematic.  He reported that he has received his Vector (AT LAST!)  and has it on the building bench.  Great news Doug!

CT