[MT-ALES] Wednesday Triangles

CURTIS SUTER suterc at msn.com
Thu Oct 7 05:33:38 PDT 2021

I took a bit of a break yesterday and headed to the power field to fly the Tragi GPS Racer around the course before heading to town for shopping.

The sky was darkening and it was relatively calm, just enough wind to determine where some lift may be.  I launch, get on the course and before I know it, I hear a few raindrops.  No big deal.  I start zipping around the course and next thing I know I've done three laps and now I can hear it raining hard on the black fabric runway but not so much where I'm standing.  I keep flying and briskly walk under the pavilion and now it's pouring!  Really putting down the cats and dogs kind of rain.  I finished up two more laps then powered up and flew around to the northeast because if I landed then I'd get soaked getting the model and the plane would get wetter just sitting there.

Not the best of conditions but it was all the time I had.  Fun!

I attached a Google Earth .kmz file if you want to move around the sky track.

Curtis

[cid:image001.png at 01D7BB44.C1826F00]