[MT-ALES] June contest report

Carl A Thuesen cthuesen at icloud.com
Mon Jun 20 09:18:15 PDT 2022

Hi all,

The contest we had scheduled for Saturday did not happen due to insufficient pilots.  However, it was a beautiful morning, and Bob, Doug, Scott Edwards and I had some fun flying the very still air.  It was a terrific opportunity to practice your still air floating technique and trimming.  With a bit of luck, you could occasionally find air rising enough to climb a little.  Smoooooth flying was the order of the day!  EASY on the elevator for sure!!!!

Dick came out for breakfast and also joined us on the field for a while.  It was good to see him and chat a bit.  Dick is having some medical testing today and tomorrow.  Please join me in sending good vibes his way.

The next contest at Columbus will be held on July 9.  I will be on my annual eastern states tour and journey to the NATS then, so Bob will probably CD it.  Stay tuned for more info as the date gets closer.

Thermals to all!

Carl