[MT-ALES] MESS April 29th F5J Contest Registration

CURTIS SUTER suterc at msn.com
Sun Apr 16 05:21:45 PDT 2023

The first ever MESS F5J contest is being prepared for the 29th of April in Helena, MT

Since this is new field that few have flown from, let's plan on a 10am first flight for the contest.  Pilots meeting a few minutes before this.  This will allow folks to arrive and get a few test flights in.
I'll advise by 6pm Friday if the contest is a go or no-go as who knows what mother nature is going to give us, especially this year!

We are going to score using F3XEvents.
However, this will require you to sign up via the F3XEvent website, if you have already signed up then skip this step and all you'll need to do is register at the next link provided.
Registration is very simple.
https://f3xvault.com/?action=register

Here's the link to the contest where you'll need to register, that's simple too.  I suggest paying at the field but there is a PayPal option too.
https://f3xvault.com/?action=event&function=event_view&event_id=2783

There is a simple system for uploading scores directly from your phone.  I suggest putting that link above your on your phone/tablet.
If you can't figure out how to do that we can help or any other pilot can enter scores for you.
It's really simple to enter the scores after each round.

The Contest Format
We are planning on six rounds of F5J, 10 minutes each round.  FlyOffs.  One dropped round after the completion of five rounds.
An ALES limiter is fine for this contest.
So the only rules difference from ALES is that landing points don't count if touching down beyond the task window time.  This will be heard via a loudspeaker.

It's still only $5 to fly!
Field locations are found here:
https://goo.gl/maps/cAwDTN6NFBiFpqZz9

Any questions or problems with signing up via F3XVault please reach out to me.
Hope the weather is good and that many folks can make it out to fly!

Curtis