[MT-ALES] safe disposal of Lipo batteries

Ford Rollo fordrollo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 10:33:03 PST 2023

Carl.  Excellent!

As you may recall, I had a serious house fire (took a year to re-build it) due to a faulty 2200, 3S Lipo discharge from a device that, because of my fire, is no longer available.  Insurance co shut ‘em down, apparently.

I was pretty new to electric models at that time and was just testing my charger/discharger.  Interestingly, I had the lipo in a kevlar sack designed to contain a lipo fire that I purchased from a local hobby shop.  The lipo blew up during the discharge and blew right through the kevlar bag, hence my house burning down.

I now charge my batteries in my BBQ,,,and dispose of used batteries at my local Lowe’s.

Thanks for the article…most interesting.

Ford

> On Dec 3, 2023, at 11:07, Carl A Thuesen via MT-ALES <mt-ales at lists.webworks.net> wrote:
>
> <Safe Disposal of Lipo Batteries.pdf>

Sign spotted in a safari park: