[MT-ALES] Columbus field conditions

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Fri Apr 7 07:10:54 PDT 2017

Whoa Greg - looks like there are still some snow drifts in that photo!  They call Billings the “bananna belt” for good reason.  Its nice to be green.

Carl

On Apr 6, 2017, at 7:21 PM, Greg <gdouglas at repeat.net> wrote:

On 4/6/2017 6:27 PM, Carl Thuesen wrote:
> The grass is lush and green this spring due to the double normal precipitation we have received this year.

Are you kidding me?   We just got completely clear of snow and ice maybe 3 weeks ago.   There is just a hint of some green undergrowth in some south-facing hillsides here in Kalispell.

2016-2017 ended up being the 3rd snowiest winter ever, and the 6th or 7th coldest (I forget which, and I'm kinda glad).

This past winter can be summed up in two words -  Brutal.

Picture attached from flying yesterday, Wed. 05 Apr.

--
Greg