[MT-ALES] AMA/ALES League Rules to Ponder

CURTIS SUTER suterc at msn.com
Tue Jan 10 15:43:21 PST 2017

If I can make the meeting Thursday I'd like to discuss the AMA/ALES League rules changes this year.  They are quite significant.  We could set a yearlong policy agreed upon by the members or just allow each CD to make the rules for each monthly contest.  If you/I can't make the meeting, such as folks in Billings, Kalispell etc.. can email their thoughts.

Thanks
Curtis

Here are the changes to Ponder:

  *   Variometers are allowed
  *   Skegs are allowed
  *   Field boundary is defined as a 75 meter radius around the center of the landing tape with the exception of CD defined 'safety boxes'
  *   Normalized scoring can include landings in the normalization (or treat them as a bonus)
  *   CD may use any landing option in Section (6.6)
     *   No landing requirement
     *   In / Out
     *   Spot Landing (circular zone with CD defined length and value)
     *   Graduated runway (CD defined length, 100 inch width)
     *   CD Defined Task (anything goes provided advanced notice is given with contest advertisement and sanction request)
  *   Flight points will be allowed if the aircraft touches either the competitor or helper/timer
  *   Task time has no restrictions
  *   CD responsibility to provide exceptions to the rules published as part of contest notice