[MT-ALES] FW: AMA/ALES League Rules to Ponder

Greg gdouglas at repeat.net
Sat Jan 14 09:06:50 PST 2017

Ford (and others):
As usual, Curtis' response is absolutely true.  It's supposed to be
about fun.  Rules evolve, although I think in this case, the new AMA
rules were rushed through without much thought, and certainly without
any input from the regular members.  I never heard of any rules
proposals or comment period.  First time I heard about them was when
they announced 'OK - the new rules are approved and will be in place for
2017'.

I'd like to give you an analogy - what if someone who has been flying a
foam and fiberglass sailplane said 'These new hollow molded carbon fiber
sailplanes give an unfair advantage - I'm not going to compete if there
are any of those flying'.  Perhaps that pilot should have said - 'I'm
going to beat the pants off anyone flying one of those newfangled carbon
fiber airplanes with my bagged wing Supra' and then proceeds to do just
that.

I certainly hope you change your mind, Ford.  BTW - I said (publicly, I
might add) the same thing - I was going to boycott any contest where
varios were allowed.  After listening to the voice of reason (Curtis and
Thom Martin from Portland), I changed my mind and lifted my boycott.   :)

--
Greg