[MT-ALES] Supra factory

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Sat Mar 4 12:41:31 PST 2017

I’m just the third set of hands, as needed, on this project.  Still learning about this newfangled carbon and epoxy.  Ask me about balsa, Ambroid, silk and dope and I might be able to reply!  LOL!!!

Not sure on the fabrics used.  There is a very light outer skin of bias fiberglass.  Carbon and Kevlar are not on bias.  The tips are using lighter unidirectional carbon than the center.  Also using a relatively heavy carbon woven tape on the LE.  No weblets, arrow shaft in center only for spar.  Maybe Bob or Scott can jump in with the stats on the materials.

I’m playing with different mechanical setups for wing throws on the new Euphoria today.  Trying to use all the servo throw to max out resolution.  Just got the flaps dialed in.  That’s always the most difficult it seems.

Tragi with that new wing should be killer!  Weather is getting better every day.  Birds singing in the morning last several days.  Good Stuff!

Carl