[MT-ALES] ALES contest at Columbus tomorrow

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Fri May 19 16:05:54 PDT 2017

Alright, you guys are probably going to start calling me Black Cloud!  The forecast has changed markedly today.  Now both NWS and WU are predicting 50% chance of rain and T storms for Columbus beginning about noon tomorrow.  Wind looks acceptable and less than 10 mph.

We will go ahead and try it anyway.  May run shorter task times initially in an effort to get in the minimum 3 rounds for a legal AMA/ALES contest.  9:30 pilots meeting and round 1 immediately following.  Joe and George have both indicated they plan to attend, so we should have between 6 and 8 pilots.  Thanks for helping to keep ALES viable you guys!  We appreciate your efforts.

Jumpers says breakfast 7:00 at Bearstone Cafe, Columbus for those so inclined.

CT