[MT-ALES] Winter Plane Project

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Fri Nov 9 08:49:38 PST 2018

Hal and Art,
If you guys are still looking for a  larger molded model and you're not wanting to spend over $2K to be like Jon, Carl, Greg etc.... then really the best bang for the buck is this one...IMHO.
Peter Thannhauser flew this one at our two day contest.

Shadow II
https://www.soaringusa.com/Shadow-II-F5J-Xtail.html?category_id=36

Still once you get all the electronics in it it's not cheap but it's a very nice flyer and has a reasonable weight for low lift days and also respectable in our Montana winds.

The next step up, not sure you'd see a huge difference in performance though, would be the Vixen2.  This is available in three different layups/weights.
https://www.soaringusa.com/Vixen-2-F5J.html?category_id=36

Ask on HFT what folks think too as these are just my opinions.
Hope youre stockings are full of neat stuff this year.

Curtis