[MT-ALES] ALES contest Sat. 27 Apr 2019

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Thu Apr 25 22:19:04 PDT 2019

Greetings, pilots.

Well, the weather forecast for Saturday does not look too promising.
The 50% chance of precipitation isn't a game changer, but the forecast
18MPH wind may be.

Wind forecasts are notoriously inaccurate, however.  :)

I will make a decision by around 6PM Friday, 26 Apr. and let everyone
know via this mailing list whether the weather forecast has caused a
postponement.

In the meantime, if anyone has a favorite weather web site that gives
forecast wind speed during the day, please share it.  I'm looking for
one that says it will be 60°F and 2-5MPH wind speed. :)

Did you know:  the Missouri River is the longest river in North
America?   Although the Mississippi is the longest river in the US (2320
mi.), the Missouri R. upstream of the confluence with the Mississippi R.
is longer (2636 mi.)  Together, the Missouri and Mississippi R. form the
4th longest river system in the world.

Today's geography lesson brought to you by:

--
Greg Douglas