[MT-ALES] Self Timing Contests?

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Mon Aug 26 08:15:22 PDT 2019

Greg,
  Good point.  I have an .mp3 timer on my phone that I can play.  I would have to modify it a bit but right now it will give me a 10 second countdown to launch.  This gives me time to start the audio, pickup the plane and be ready to launch.  Then the transmitter would start a timer once power is applied.  If I don’t make my flight time just stop the timer on the transmitter when I land and read the time and ignore the mp3 timer on the phone.  If I were to make my time then the mp3 file will count me down and I can hear the seconds early or late on landing for the time and ignore the timer on the transmitter.

It does sound like folks would rather fly 2 groups of 2 with a timer/caller rather than one group of 4.

Curtis