[MT-ALES] Ultima 2 arrives!

Montana ALES reflector mt-ales at lists.webworks.net
Fri Jul 19 23:01:54 PDT 2019

Way cool Carl. Beautiful paint job.

On Jul 19, 2019, at 10:16 PM, Montana ALES reflector <mt-ales at lists.webworks.net<mailto:mt-ales at lists.webworks.net>> wrote:

So happy it arrived for you Carl! Looks great. You will have lots of good advice close to home with Jon & others, but don’t hesitate to email anytime for yet another ‘FWIW’ data point to ponder. The U2 is actually a pretty straightforward build in many respects but sometimes it’s easier with a picture or comment beforehand.

I have yet to come up with a ballast system on my model. It’s on the to-do list once/if life returns to normal. If you guys come up with some ideas let me know. I was leaning towards those tungsten fishing weights, but I haven’t found a local source of the right size. I may kludge something together with brass cylinder slugs like I saw somewhere on RCG, but the tungsten density is so much higher, it would be a lot more compact for same weight.

Take care. I hope your flying weather is better than Calgary. It has been a wet & windy season thus far.
-Peter