[MT-ALES] Snipe time

Peter petertha at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 6 21:25:10 PDT 2020

Nice Carl! My buddy here in Calgary bought an e-version of the Snipe. Really cute motor kind of integral to the spinner. (He has a hip issue so launching causes pain.) I got to fly it. Or shall I say he was flying it, some hawks came to circle with him maybe 20m off the deck. He thrust the TX in my hand so he could get his camera. Nothing like getting the sticks cold turkey. I was amazed at how nimble it was & didn’t take long to fins some thermals. I'm intrigued by DLGs after watching Jon a few years back (which I think was first time I ever saw a DLG actually) & also Greg let me have a spin on his. A potential obstacle is my Jeti TX which is OK for regular thermal models, but the thing weighs like a small block V8. I'm afraid I'll either launch the Jeti across the field or I'll spin 7 times under flywheel effect! I started reading the DLG forums & realized I am a Neanderthal on these types of radio systems, switch setups, especially Taranis & OpenTx. So I guess I need to figure out a game plan on that front.

Well lets cross our fingers the COVID situation improves or its going to be a weird summer. Stay healthy everyone!