[MT-ALES] ALES at Columbus, MT - May 9, 2020

Carl Thuesen carl at steinerthuesen.net
Tue May 5 20:53:10 PDT 2020

Hey everybody,

We’re trying to get a handle on go or no for the contest scheduled for this coming Saturday in Columbus.  So far, those interested and planning to fly are:

Scott Edwards
Doug
Bob
Carl

Would anybody from HFT come and fly if we decide to hold the event?  Does anybody else from the local crew want to fly?

I envision a relaxed event.  We would fly standard ALES for this contest to get everyone warmed up again.  Pilot’s meeting at 10:00.  I’d like to introduce the “ALES5J” format the Helena guys have been flying at the meeting and discuss the possibility of flying that format at the June contest.  We should be able to get 2 rounds in per hour easily.  Maybe fly a few rounds, take a break for BYO lunch, and fly a couple more rounds.  Current weather forecast is for mostly sunny with winds 12 to 15.  Slight chance of showers in the afternoon.  This will likely morph before Saturday.

No breakfast or lunch at the Bearstone for this event.

RSVP if interested.  We will make a final call on holding a contest by Friday latest, announced here.

Thanks all,

Carl