[MT-ALES] Checking In...

petertha at shaw.ca petertha at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 14 10:52:56 PST 2021

Hi Carl. No, the white checks are painted in mold, so the black is the native carbon. He didn’t charge extra for this ‘custom paint’ scheme when he was delivering to customers direct couple years back. I’m not sure what the paint situation is now with SUSA distribution. I must tell you it seemed like a good idea at the time, but in hindsight I wouldn’t do it again. The checks seem reasonably big on the ground, but they just turn into grey blah at altitude, at least to my aging eyes. My Shadow had a simple (broader) bi-panel division on underside panels & its quite a bit more visible. I’m actually having dangerous thoughts about misting the very outboard tips with fluorescent, but I’m a bit apprehensive about mucking it up even though I’ve done a fair amount of painting with the racers. I’ll test on a sacrificial sport model first. Vinyl may be another option if I kept it minimal. At least the stuff I had was kind of heavy?  I’ll have to snap a pic of the topside, its white with bright trim. Maybe that’s why I find myself turning this plane so much LOL.

PT