[MT-ALES] Soar Utah

Carl A Thuesen cthuesen at icloud.com
Sun May 22 09:33:58 PDT 2022

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that this a Soar Utah year!  There is quite a group going from the Billings area, including sons from California and Oklahoma.  We plan to arrive September 1, staying at the Hampton Inn Thanksgiving Point.  It is right near the main slopes!  We will check out September 5.  Bob has the info for reservations.  Dry camping is also available at Point of the Mountain South.

Most of the slope flying is done at Point of the Mountain, where there are both north and south facing slopes with no rotor for landing.  There is also usually an aerotow/electric launch thermal soaring event out on the salt flats on Friday.  On Monday the sloping moves to Francis Peak.  This is a spectacular venue with big lift overlooking the Great Salt Lake and mountain ranges to the west.  Photos attached.

Make the trip for a weekend you will not forget!

Carl

South slope at Point of the Mountain.

Francis Peak